Monday, January 27, 2014

Her Tiny Hands Keepsake

I've been having trouble getting to the cemetery on Fridays - actually, I have trouble leaving my house at all.  By the time we're done school and Asa takes a nap, it's getting dark - plus, it's just a ton of work to load these guys all up to go anywhere. 

So, on Friday when I heard that my new necklace from Everlasting Memories had already been delivered, I was so excited! 

I had contacted them on Thursday night to see if she got my email with the photo attached and expected the email to say it was received... so when she said it had been delivered, I was floored!  I can't believe how fast they put that order through!  It was literally less than 2 days from when I sent the email to when it was delivered!

They have all kinds of memorial jewelry - some really pretty ones that hold ashes that if Rachel had been cremated, I would love to have.  I picked the photo engraved memorial because I wanted it to be as personalized as possible.  And I was really excited to see they offer a lot of room for writing.  My other necklace only offered two lines with minimal letters so I just wrote "miss my girl" but on this one, I was able to write more, which I really like. (after all, I'm a writer...)  I got the block letters and love that they are clear and easy to read.
These photos are horrible, my camera wasn't cooperating, but it says "Her tiny hands changed my world forever"

The photos didn't come out great, but the necklace is beautiful.  There were a bunch of options, but I liked this shape because it was a more modern looking heart - although they do have a heart that is more traditional too.  It's a pretty heavy weight, which I really like because I feel it on me as I move.  The quality seems really nice - the chain is beautiful.  I got the "upgraded" one.  I always have trouble with my hair getting caught in chains and this one hasn't done that yet.  I've worn it two days now. 

My only "complaint" is that I wish the etching was deeper so it could be seen from far away.  The detail is beautiful and precise, but from a distance, it's hard to see.  The silver (and rhodium) is so shiny (which is really pretty) that if the pendant turns, you can't see the design.  I asked my friend what she thought about it and she said that she loved it and could tell it was Rachel's hands.  When I asked her to stand back about 5 ft, she said that from there it was hard to make out - that it looked more like a rose.  In a way, I think this is special - kind of symbolic of how Rachel isn't able to be seen, but if you really look at me, she is there - her handprints on my heart always and everywhere.  But in another way, I would love for people who don't recognize her hands (which I am SO thankful that so many people do!) to see it and know what it was so that it could serve as a conversation piece to talk about her.

All in all, I would say that this jewelry is really pretty - and would make an amazing gift for a funeral or something since you can get it so quickly and write something special on it.  I am a HUGE fan of fast shipping since I have a hard time getting out with the kids, so that is something I feel you can't put a price on!  I also think if you have ashes from your baby or other loved one, you should look at their necklaces - I like them so much I thought about getting one to put a piece of Rachel's hair in. 

The woman that I worked with is named Hallie and her email is hallieschumaker@gmail.com if you have any other questions.  She is super nice and has a heart to help people heal after a loss.

 So thankful to find something in her PO Box and especially on a Friday when I couldn't get to her.  Every keepsake I have helps me feel like she is with me - so once again, God's timing was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes