Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Follow Through

For Rachel's 2nd birthday, I asked you all to contribute towards our 501c3 application.  Soon after, I announced that I was not going to be doing the application because I was too overwhelmed to make it happen.  I was feeling like God wanted me to focus on my living children and husband in 2013 - and so I laid aside my ambitions for Rachel's Legacy and rested in His will.  It was not an easy decision, as a matter of fact, I think it was the hardest decision I had made since I got her diagnosis.  It was excruciating.  The whole year was tough.
 
But I did it.  I spent 2013 focusing on my family here with me and trying to listen to God's voice where Rachel's Legacy was concerned. 
 
And I couldn't shake it...  I had to do it....  and so I sat back down and with lots of prayer and the help of one of the Board members, got all the numbers down on paper and what you see in this picture is me FINISHING my 501c3 application!!  I am absolutely blown away by how much easier it was for me to make sense out of it this year.  Last year I couldn't even understand the first page.  My mind just couldn't comprehend any of it.   This year I was able to work on it here and there without it becoming a wedge between me and my living family.  And so I know God has shown me something about balance that I really needed to see.  I'm super excited to be following through, even if it took a while - and very glad I was smart enough to sit on the money! I have this thing about integrity... Thank You Lord!   I put the application in the mail on the 16th - and even asked the woman at the post office to pray about it as I gave it to her.  So PLEASE pray that it will go through without a catch.  I hear once they flag it for something, it can take months longer. 
Thank you so much to everyone who helped make this possible and for all of your patience with me as I try to make my way through this thing we call grief.  I've never had to do anything like any of this before and I know I mess up all the time - so thank you for loving me and seeing me through it.  I need you.
 
Rachel Alice Aube... It's for you I ache and for you I fight... Love you pretty girl. 
 
2014 here we come.... get yourself some racing shoes! :)
 
 

1 comment:

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes