Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lily's Getting Her Stone!

Time is getting away from me... I wanted to write a bunch of stuff about this latest fundraiser we are doing to memorialize August 4th, the day 3 years ago that we got Rachel's diagnosis.  I had so much to say - so many thanks to give - so many blessings along the way.... but it's been such a hard couple of weeks, I just don't have it in me anymore to write it all out.  So, I'm going to just fill you in on the facts and leave out my feelings.

We asked people to donate towards a headstone for a little girl named Lily.  Her mom Hannah still owed $959 plus the install fees of $250.  She's been working at paying it for a long time and was half way there....

Like always, you guys rose to the occasion and helped me to accomplish what God put on my heart.  With the $143 I will donate from Rachel's account, we will be sending $823 to the memorial stone company to apply on Hannah's account for Lily's stone!  On top of that, I was unaware, but we finished up the fundraiser the day before her birthday, so I was able to give Hannah this good news on her 24th birthday.  It was a great birthday gift :)

When I shared with Hannah that we had a few donations on the first day, she said "It's amazing how many people love Rachel."  And she's right.  It's amazing.

THANK YOU to everyone who continues to support me on this journey, if even just by reading along and praying.  Thank you to everyone who pitched in to get us so close to paying off the stone for this sweet baby girl. Thank you for being an encouragement to me during a hard time and also an encouragement to Hannah as she is so blessed by your generosity.  Her mom was very thankful as well. Thank you for finding worth in the things that God puts on my heart.  Without all of you, I could do none of this.  Thank you for loving Rachel.  Thank you for helping her legacy to continue to bless others and to honor other babies gone too soon.

If you haven't donated and have it on your heart to do so, don't hesitate to contact me as she still has around $380 to pay it off and to get it installed.  It's not too late!  But I want you all to know how thankful both her and I are for all you have done to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes