Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful for Rachel's Impact

The letters about how Rachel's life has impacted others have started coming in....  and I have been crying like a baby reading them.

I still can't believe how far and in how many different ways her life has changed the world.

She made this world a better place.

So, for the people who think that 'those babies' are 'better off not being alive' because they 'may have a poor quality of life'.....  If I wasn't sure you were wrong before, I am now.

My little girl is still changing the world.  Still making people love deeper, give of themselves more freely, and remind them of God's love in the most difficult of times. 

I'm so thankful I get to be a part of His plan.  I don't regret one second of my journey with my sweet Rachel.... my little imperfect, 'poor quality of life', 'incompatible with life', 'still changing my life' little girl. 

August 4, 2010 rocked my world.
December 3, 2010 gave me a piece of my world and took it away in the same hour.

Today and everyday, I Thank God for these past two years...  because as hard and ugly as they have been, I've never in my entire life experienced anything as stunningly beautiful and worth living for than this journey.  I have been through the Refiner's Fire and I could never go back - and I wouldn't want to.

Rachel Alice Aube, I'm so thankful that you were mine for a while and I love you exactly how you were - and are.  Mama will be home someday pretty girl.

To everyone who has been sending notes along, thank you.  I cannot tell you how much it means to me to be learning of all the ways my journey with Rachel has changed people.... so many things that I am unaware of on a daily basis.  Reading different things, from different people, different ages, different family situations, from different states has shown me again how many seeds of hope my little girl has scattered.   I so needed this encouragement right now and I am humbled that I get to share a piece of your lives with you.  Thank you for following along with me & my girl.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes