Sunday, October 14, 2012

Help Please?

I just spent another afternoon working on.... yep, race stuff.  (your tax receipts are on their way!!) This is so time consuming.  I've teetered back and forth over whether or not I can realistically keep this up for years to come.  My life is so busy and this has turned out to be a year round part-time job.  That would be no problem if I didn't have a full-time job taking care of - and homeschooling - my other 4 kids, a part-time job at the Y and a house to keep and food to cook.

But honestly, I can't NOT do it.

I need to confess a little secret.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  I have faked my way through every application, every form, every event.  From her playground to the last two 5K's - I was clueless and I flew by the seat of my pants.  And for the most part, things have gone pretty well.  God definitely has made up for my shortcomings and provided in the midst of my uneducated guessing. This year's 5K was a little easier because I had the experience from last year - but last year we put that race on in just 6 short weeks of planning and with me having only been to 1 race before in my life, the month before! 

In the beginning of this year, Baby Rachel's Legacy (BRL) became a Non-Profit Organization.  This was so exciting, but somewhat intimidating.  I have little understanding of what I really need to do to keep this all afloat, not much time to figure it out, and emotions that complicate it all.  I have done each step as they have come, but if I'm honest, there is more that I don't understand than that I do.  For instance, I had to pick a year end for BRL and I picked September.  What that means?  No clue.  I know there are fees I have to pay for the non-profit status and to the Charitable Trusts Unit.  When and how much?  Don't know.  Will they tell me?  I have no idea.  I have ideas for how to better minister to people through their losses that I would like to incorporate into the organization - but totally confused as to where to even start.  I don't know if I'm over complicating it or underestimating the seriousness - and if I'm doing one or the other, I don't know how to do anything different.

I'm just a Mama fiercely fighting to not let my baby's life go unnoticed or without making a difference in the world she left behind.

So, this is where I need to ask for help. 

The next thing in line, I really need help with is our taxes.  I have no idea where to even start, what forms need to be filled out, when they should be done, if I have everything I need or am going to have a lot of work getting this stuff in order...  I need someone who can help me.  I'm hoping for donated/discounted time from someone who is qualified to file taxes - or someone to aim me in the right direction from here.  It's too important to do this like I've done everything else, although I'll admit I'm totally tempted because I keep wondering if it's really that hard. 

I'm okay as long as I don't think about it - but as soon as I start to wonder about this stuff.... look out - my stress level triples.  I don't want to mess this up and I'm not a numbers girl - I'm a words girl.  Give me a writing assignment and I'm all over it - but taxes?  Um, help please??

You can email me at RachelsMama@ymail.com if you think you can help! 
(Being local to me is necessary.)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately I cannot offer any help with taxes however I would like to say that for someone who has no idea what they are doing I think you're doing a dynamite job! Way to go, Mama! BIG hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes