Thursday, September 13, 2012

My American Dream

Living my dream....

Our first day of school, we left together... in a silver bus called a Dodge Caravan. I didn't have any tears, just smiles as we talked together all the way and then spent the day together learning and spending time with friends. 

We started Classical Conversations yesterday, which was the kick off for our homeschool year. A long (8-4) day with drive time, but we all had a good time and I'm excited to see what God does with this year of learning for them.  I love living life with my children.  I got to eat lunch with the boys (Des wanted to sit with her friends, which was just as much a blessing to be able to watch her interact and giggle from a distance as she starts to be more independent.)  And on the way home, we stopped and watered Rachel's flowers. (you may notice the daises on my shirt ♥ Always bringing her with us)  I was also really blessed to get a text from the director at CC the other night, asking me how she should list Rachel's name on the family directory.  She wrote each of the families with the kids names and ages and didn't want to leave her out.  We decided on "Rachel - with her Heavenly Father". ♥  So good for my heart.

I'm thankful for the blessing of the freedom to teach my kids to love God and give Him glory for all of creation - including Grammar, Math and Science (although you know I'm more thankful for Grammar than the other two!!) :o)  I know in many places throughout the world people are not allowed to talk about Jesus, never mind go to a public place to learn about Him and share Him with others and recognize that He created it all and made it all make sense.  I don't take that for granted. 

Please pray for me this year when we come to mind...  the responsibility can be so overwhelming - and as I found out this week, even doctor appointments are much more complicated and difficult when there is nobody else watching the others.  Those rooms get very small with 4 (not-so-well-behaved kids) in the room!!  With my new job and first year teaching 2 kids (Isaiah's official!!) and still having 2 very little ones in tote, it can be exhausting so I can use all the prayer support I can get! 

But even with all the struggles and the many times I question if I'm out of my mind for doing all this, I still know that this truly is my dream and I'm so thankful for the chance to live it.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture, Stacy! You truly do look great. And I love your thiry-one bags! (I love mine too!)

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes