Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Hope

Thank you for your prayers... God has been answering. 

I have a lot I want to write - so much has happened this weekend, but will have to do it later - just wanted to share the lyrics to a song that came on the radio when I left Rachel's grave on Friday and right after we got back from there this morning....

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh well
Life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I've had just enough time


If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I've had just enough time


Today, as hard as it is and as much as I've cried already and can tell it's not done yet - I have already seen God...and been reminded heaven is real - and she's not dead.  Her life lasted exactly as long as it was supposed to.

I wonder if she knows we sang Jesus loves you to her every day in my womb and as we laid her body in the ground..... that is a love song alright, the most beautiful one there is....

To all of my friends celebrating this day without your baby or without your mother - May your hearts be blessed.  The skies hold a rainbow somewhere.....Thinking of you & praying for you.  I'm so thankful to have you in my life.

Love & Hope,
Stacy  (&Rachel ♥)


4 comments:

  1. One of my favourite songs. (Both Jesus Loves You and If I Die Young) Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you especially today.
    Love and hugs, anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sang Jesus loves you to Hannah too. It seemed so appropriate <3

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes