Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beauty in Weeds

Two years ago today, while at The Weekend to Remember conference in Portland, Maine, I found out I was pregnant with our 5th baby.....my sweet Rachel Alice.

And tonight, we were out putting down some grass seed at dusk because that's the only time we can do anything with this many kids :o) - and 'somehow', I noticed this under my hosta plant leaves:


I know it's really just a weed.... but then again, some say Rachel was just a baby with anencephaly.

Yet still, I can't help but see the beauty hidden beneath what lies on the surface.  And I know that not everybody would look so deep.  But if you're paying close enough attention, there is beauty in 'weeds' everywhere.

Somehow I know that I'm not the one missing out.

God is so so good to me.  But oh, how I miss her.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Like Rachel, like Des, like their mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weed looks an aweful lot like a strawberry plant! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what a hosta is, but I know what a strawberry plant looks like and this is one. You'll have fruits in your garden :-) Just as Rachel produced fruits in your lifes.

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes