Sunday, March 18, 2012

Can You Help? Rachel's Playground Needs Maintenance

So the time has come.... Rachel's playground is in need of some maintenance and I'm hoping if you live around here, you can help me make it happen?!

On Saturday April 21st at 8am, we will be putting the second (and in some places that were missed, the 1st) coat of sealant on the entire structure.  This was supposed to be done last year along with the first, but we never got to it.  We also need to spray for weeds and ticks and spread some more ground cover.  And, the slide looks like it needs to be repaired as well. (although Tim did give it a quick fix so it's back in working order right now!  thanks, Tim!!)   I am not sure if we'll be able to get that part done on this day - waiting to hear back from Learning Structures to see what they recommend.

This leads me to a request that I know nobody wants to hear... could you PLEASE make your kids slide DOWN the slide and not run UP it?  That is pretty much a universal playground rule.   I understand it takes a lot of watching them and that they want to go up, but it's not meant for that and it is showing by the condition just one year after it was built.  If you're there and other people are walking on it, would you mind spreading the word for me? 

I know this is just a playground for most people who go there (that would be why I only go there alone and not after service on Sundays) but to me, it's my daughter's memorial.  There are only a couple of tangible things I have from her, and this is one of them.  I poured my heart and soul into making that playground happen... please just respect and care for it.  I know I don't own it, but try to imagine my feelings about it.  And if you still need to walk or run up the slide or you still allow your kids to, well, I guess I'll just have to accept that.... but I really don't think it's too much to ask.

Just in case it ends up raining and we can't work that day, we will have a rain date on May 5th at 8am.

Please let me know if you can come - we need probably around 20 people in order to get it done.  The more people, the faster it will go.  Feel free to ask a friend to come too...  and I will buy everyone pizza for lunch :o)  Yes, I'm bribing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes