Thursday, March 15, 2012

2nd Annual Baby Rachel's Legacy 5K - Walk or Run!

I've been very patiently waiting for all technicalities to be able to announce our 2nd Annual Baby Rachel's Legacy 5K....last night was the Dover City Council Meeting where they voted and......

IT'S ON!!!

So, save the date and join us!  We'll have another time of remembering Rachel, bringing awareness to the condition that took her from us, honoring other babies lost too soon and raising money for a local non-profit organization!!

This year, we have prayerfully decided to donate the proceeds from Rachel's race to a local ministry called Family Builders.  Family Builders is dedicated to supporting couples and parents and has been a huge source of support to us throughout our journey with Rachel.  The first of the proceeds will be used for them to attend a training in Missouri for counselors on grief, crisis and trauma.  I'm am so excited about this because as many of you know, when I sought after a Christian grief counselor not too long after Rachel died, I was left more wounded then when I started.

I strongly urge you to read This Post so that you understand why this is so important to me.  I am so thankful that there will be a much safer and truly Spirit led place for people like us who have to figure out how to live life after the loss of a child.  There is something like 75% of marriages that end in divorce after they lose a child.  I'm grateful to God that ours isn't one of them and I'm hopeful that Rachel's life and death can help other marriages survive their losses too.

If you've been with me long on my blog, you may remember that last year at Rachel's race, when I left the park to drive to visit her grave right before the race started, I heard a song on the radio that says "Everyone knows I'm in over my head, over my head" and I joked about it at the race when I did my speech.  I pretty much faked my way through that entire thing and we, by God's grace, raised over $12,000 and were able to donate over $9,200 to Options for Women in Rachel's memory.  Today, I was driving home from the kids' gym class and that song was on the radio as I pulled in my driveway.  I came inside to find the email from my friend Vanessa telling me our request was passed for our 2nd annual race.  I wrote back and said "Here's to another year of pretending like I know what I'm doing!"  :o)  I'm SO EXCITED!!  And I actually have a little bit of a clue what I'm doing this time - and WAY more time to do it.  Last year at this time I was so enveloped with building Rachel's playground that I didn't start planning for the race until the end of June!  I'm ready this time!  Please pray for us as we continue to change the world in Rachel's honor and for God's glory!!

I'm almost done getting the website up and going - be patient with me, but you can visit www.babyrachelslegacy.com for more information on how to register or to donate! 

Here's a copy of the postcards that will be going out soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes