Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Peak At Asa's Room

After Rachel was born, a blog friend sent me a decal for the wall in her room that said "life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."  This was something I had been encouraged by while pregnant and so it seemed appropriate for her room.   At that point, I had turned her room into my office where I did many hours of blogging, crying and missing her till all hours of the night in those first few months. 

I had painted the walls gray after she was born so that it would work for an office and also a future nursery.   So when it came time to turn her room into Asa's room, the walls didn't need paint and I planned on leaving the decal as a way to keep a part of Rachel in his room.

This pregnancy has been much more difficult emotionally and way more complicated mentally than I was prepared for.  I knew it would be hard, but I guess I thought it would be similar to after I had my miscarriage and it has been by far much harder.  I decided that the breaths saying didn't really bring me much comfort because the truth is, she couldn't breathe on her own.  My breath was taken away a million times this past year, but never in the way this saying means it... it's always been in a response to my devastating pain.  So, I decided I wanted a new decal and this is what I got....


I had also seen a picture of a tree decal that I really liked before I was even pregnant and I knew that had to be a part of his room.  I started looking and they are all just way too expensive, plus I wanted it to go onto the ceiling slant and none of them would stick to it. I originally was planning to use a projector to get it painted on there, but I couldn't get my hands on one.... so I painted it myself - and LOVE how it came out!

I had the hardest time finding a bedding set that matched with gray walls.  One day while looking for a tree decal, I came across a set called "Little Tree" that not only had gray as the recommended wall color, but also had little birds.  It was PERFECT for my tree and sparrows!  My friend Cyndie bought it for me and it is so stinkin cute.  The last thing I needed was the lamps and rugs and, what do ya know, I found orange polka dot lamps (all the birds on the bedding are orange with white polka dots!) and lime green and blue rugs for super cheap at the Christmas Tree Shop!  I couldn't believe how everything came together... 


And so the only thing missing was how to keep my girl in a boy's room... which I decided would be in the little nursing nook I created at the end of his crib.  His room is *really* small...  but I kept her rainbow footprints picture I made (it has her foot prints in the rainbow colors with "My daughter, I love you and would never leave you, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you") on the wall along with her hand & foot print under it, her ultrasound picture and the daisy that was the first gift she received at her grave after she died from Donna... that of course, has a little bird on it :o)  on the shelf right next to where I'll spend time with Asa.  I had to move her little lamb (she's buried with an identical one) because Sam kept taking it.   I think this is the perfect combination of keeping Rachel there and remembering God's faithfulness through my journey with her.


I know it's going to be emotional... and I'm okay with that, just not sure I'm ready for it.  But I know God is.

I have an appt this afternoon that I'm leaving for in a minute, my friend Michelle is watching the kids for me - I won't be disappointed if I get there and they say I am too dilated to go home, but I doubt that will happen :o)  I'm ready to meet this little boy... the only thing that could make his room any more perfect is him. ♥

12 comments:

  1. I love how the tree came out -everything came together so well! And Asa will have a special area with his big sister Rachel always close by.
    Good luck with your appointment today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love Asa's room and your painting! So beautiful! And I love Rachel's corner too!
    Praying for you and everything. Love, anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww! Stacy, I love it! It's sooo cute and the tree came out fantastic! Beautiful. Good luck at your appointment, my sweet. BIG hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took my breath away!! The nursery is absolutely beautiful, peaceful, Perfect! I love the little details that come together, and it is right that Rachel be a part of Asa's room - it was hers, too. I know you don't feel strong, but isn't that the amazing thing about God? You don't have to be. Keep your heart open, Love. We all love you, and Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!!! So fitting, so stylish, and so wonderful for Asa. I love how you have included Rachel's special items. And the sparrow verse is so fitting. Love it ALL!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see Asa in his special room. Hang in there momma - he'll be in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful nursery! Love the grey & the tree-great job! I think the sparrow decal saying is a perfect reminder that He is always there for you! I especially love Rachel's corner and all the touches to introduce Asa to his big sister.
    Praying for your physical strength especially right now!

    *Hugs*
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it! And I love the saying you picked for the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tree and the room turned out just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! I was wondering where you got the tree decal... but the fact that you painted it yourself... wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asa's room is GORGEOUS!!! It looks like it comes straight out of a magazine!!! He's a lucky little boy to be able to share that space with his big sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nursery is beautiful, you did such an amazing job on the wall...the Tree has always been so symbolic to us....we have planted for life and death....it always makes me think about the promise of new life out of dark times....what a wonderful job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how I missed this post. I LOVE Asa'a room, Rachel! I almost went with this bedding...it was between this and another set, and I ended up going with another set. I have a tree, too, though! I will have to post pics here soon once I finish the last few details. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes