Monday, January 24, 2011

It's almost spring

Well, our Christmas tree is still up...even if outside...in Rachel's memory.  My bright light in the dark days, just like her. The snow is so deep now, the tree will be there through February at this rate. We couldn't get it out now if we wanted to, but we don't want to, so it works out good. :o)...and with the 18" we're supposed to get on Wednesday, the fence will soon be covered!  I'm hoping for an early spring!  I know it sounds unrealistic to think that will happen with things looking the way they do, but hope does not disappoint us!  Never has, never will.



Jill stopped by Saturday night and brought some "spring" to my home...

When I went to bed, they were all flopping over and not too happy.  I almost cut all the stems shorter so they would stand up.  But in the morning, I walked into the kitchen and there they were... straight up again!  I can't wait to see what Rachel's tulips look like when they bloom.  I'm pretty sure they are this same color and there is around 130 of them just waiting beneath all that snow to break through the hard ground and show their beauty!  Come on, spring time!!

PS - It was still light at 5:30 today!!  More sunshine and some flowers... it's almost "spring". :o)

2 comments:

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes