Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Perfect Resume

We sang a hymn last week in church that I decided to learn on my guitar... I've found so much comfort in the lyrics, especially the last two verses. I want to share one specifically:
I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath,
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.
There are a couple reasons...

First of all because He has been so good to me through this trial and I am completely dependant on Him, with complete security in knowing that He is absolutely capable, even though I am not, in getting me though this. The other reason is because I've never even let my kids go to a sitter that I wasn't completely sure was qualified to take care of them. Jesus will be taking care of my Rachel. Not only is He the only One I would trust to take my place for eternity, but I know He'll be better at it than I ever could be, because He is God. The fact that He is going to welcome her as His own makes me love Him even more.

We were talking about patience today at church and Isaiah had just peed his pants so he couldn't go down to the nursery and was talking non-stop, insisting that I needed to look at the screen on the back wall, no matter how many times I told him the same thing was on the front wall. He would yell and point "wook Mama, that's like where we went wast night" (they were showing a photo where "patience" was written in the sand and it reminded him of our pregnancy pictures) Then he was upset that it wasn't showing "Des-ray's hearts" - sounds cute, right? Yeah, not so much, I was irritated. I wanted him to be quiet and quit being...well, a 3 year old...

Well, God NEVER gets irritated. He is patient and long-suffering. He is loving all the time. He is all-knowing and wise. He can multi-task better than any woman and can be in 1000 places at once. He can listen to ALL His children at the same time. He never gives bad advise and He leads people to repentance with His kindness. I mean seriously, if you were interviewing people to take care of your baby, wouldn't this be the man you picked?? He's definitely the best One for the job. And the fact that He is willing, able and ready, makes my heart sing "If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus 'tis now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes