Sunday, August 29, 2010

And grace, my fears relieved...

Today at church as I was walking up the stairs, I noticed 2 post-it notes on the floor.  I was not yet aware that they had put them all over the sanctuary to go along with today's sermon, but because I am a detail-oriented person, I took note of what they said...
If you look 2 entries down, you'll see that I mentioned  a couple of days ago that there were two lies that satan tries to tempt me with: That my God has forsaken me and that He doesn't love me.

These words were written by human hands, but straight from God to me.  I had wondered if the youth group kids had dropped them while they were at church this week.  It was not until I sat down that I noticed they were all over the place.  I mentioned to my friend next to me what had happened and she went out and picked them up for me.  The two that were revealed to me on the way in were the exact things I needed to hear to be reassured of what I know to be true:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified,  for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."  - Deuteronomy 31:6

If you ever wonder how humans could write the bible and say it's the words of God, well on a smaller scale, I just experienced that first hand.  He absolutely uses His people to speak His Truth.  The Word of God is alive - The Holy Spirit uses it to speak to us.  It is not just a good book, although it is the BEST book I've ever read, it is truly inspired by our Holy, Sovereign God who is in every detail of our lives...right down to the post it notes and where they fall.

 2Peter 1:19-21 says:  And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We so appreciate your words of encouragement!
Thank you! ♥ The Aubes